“Es Teler” is the Indonesian name for “mixed ice fruits”. Created in the early 1980s for an ice-making competition, es teler is sometimes referred to as Indonesia’s national drink.
This simple but addictive dessert is composed of fragrant coconut milk, jackfruit, avocado, young coconut flesh, and sweetened condensed milk. The inventor of es teler went on to expand their business from a roadside stall to a restaurant chain named “Es Teler 77”.
Recipe courtesy of Catrin Andarini
- Jackfruit, cut into thin strips
- Young coconut meat, cut into thin strips
- Avocados, cut into 1-cm cubes
- Palm fruit, sliced
- Any others fruits, sliced
- Condensed milk
- Palm sugar syrup
- Crushed ice
- Scoop the fruits, coconut meat and avocado into a serving big bowl.
- Gently combine everything.
- Scoop the mix fruit into small bowl, add several tablespoons of crushed ice on top of it.
- Drizzle the syrup and condensed milk over everything, stir it in gently, and sweeten to taste.
© 2021 © Food Explorers