Jump to recipe
A whole fish, cooked simply with garlic and fresh herbs, is perfection on a plate!
Browse our collection for more recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Peggy Neubert
For the fish
- 8 large whole sea breams
- 4 heaping tbsp softened butter
- 2 pips garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 4 tbsp thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 lemons, cut into slices
- Rosemary sprigs
- Olive oil
For the salsa
- 8 large sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp capers, chopped
- 4 tbsp green olives, stoned and chopped
- 2 handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Olive oil
- Combine butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Mix well. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon butter mixture into fish cavity. Stuff inside of fish with lemon slices and rosemary sprigs. Season outside of fish with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil as well.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat and cook fish on each side for about 5-7 minutes until the skin is charred and fish looks opaque.
- In the meantime, combine chopped tomatoes, capers, olives and parsley. Add enough olive oil to create a nicely-dispersed condiment. Serve with hot fish.
© 2023 © Food Explorers