Jump to recipe
These flavorful puff pastry-wrapped pork filets are easy to make and no less delicious, an elegant main dish perfect for entertaining. Pair with roasted tomatoes and creamed spinach for a colorful holiday meal!
Browse our collection for more recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Dori Kopka
- 50g pine seeds, toasted
- 2 pips garlic, crushed
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch mixed fresh herbs (eg parsley, chives, tarragon), chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of chili powder
- 2 packets puff pastry
- 200g prosciutto
- 2 pork filets
- 1 egg
- Combine pine seeds, garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs, salt, pepper and chilli powder and blend till smooth.
- Roll out puff pastry and lay prosciutto on top. Spread pesto over the prosciutto and arrange pork filet on top. Fold the small end of the filet over. Roll prosciutto around the filet and cover evenly with puff pastry.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a pre-heated fan-forced oven at 200°C for 20-30 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
© 2022 © Food Explorers