Rich and decadent, stuffed mushrooms are easy to prepare in advance, and they make tasty finger food for parties!
Recipe courtesy of Anita Murphy
- 24 large fresh button mushrooms, scrubbed clean, stems separated from the caps
- 200g mushrooms, diced small
- 200g bacon, diced small
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 pips garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp chopped spinach or fresh parsley (depending on how much colour preferred)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated cheese of choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
- In a little oil, sauté the onions and bacon till brown.
- Melt butter into the onion-bacon mixture, add diced mushrooms and all other ingredients except cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use mixture to stuff whole mushrooms (pack tightly) and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese browns a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving.
© 2021 © Food Explorers