Here’s a recipe to try when white asparagus is in season!
Browse our collection for more recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Anja Angeli
- 1 kg white Asparagus, fresh
- 500g new potatoes
- A bundle green herbs specially sold for making green sauce (including chives and cress)
- 250g sour cream
- 250ml salad mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 pickles, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2-3 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- White wine vinegar, to taste
- Scrub potatoes well under running cold water. Peel asparagus carefully and cut off the ends.
- For the green sauce, wash herbs and shake dry. Pluck leaves (set aside some cress for garnishing) and mix finely together with the sour cream. Wash chives, shake dry and cut into rolls. Stir these into herb mixture together with salad mayonnaise, onion, pickles, garlic, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and mustard. Season green sauce with salt, a little bit of sugar and white wine vinegar.
- The potatoes and asparagus can be conveniently prepared using a steam cooker.
- If cooking on stove top: Boil potatoes in salted water until soft. In a separate pot, bring to a boil asparagus and lightly-salted water seasoned with 1 pinch of sugar. Remove pot from heat and let asparagus steep in it for 20 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus on plates alongside the potatoes. Serve with green sauce.
© 2021 © Food Explorers