Beets are available year-round in Morocco, where they are often prepared as a colorful side salad with a light lemon vinaigrette.
Naturally sweet and a great source of antioxidants, they are a superfood rich in potassium, manganese, vitamin C and fiber.
Browse our collection for more recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Meryem Fankhauser
- 3 beets, ready-cooked
- 4-6 ripe tomatoes (about 1kg)
- 2 cooked eggs (10 minutes), peeled
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp vinegar 5%
- Mint leaves, chopped
- Cut beets into large chunks, and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Chop eggs into small pieces.
- Combine beets, tomatoes and eggs in a mixing bowl. Add in remaining ingredients and toss well to combine.
© 2023 © Food Explorers