It’s nice to have a “tærte” in the freezer for days when you don’t feel like cooking. Tarts are easy to make and since it can be filled with almost anything you like, it’s a delicious way to avoid food waste.
Paired with a salad, this savory paleo tart is perfect for a light meal. It is also tasty eaten cold.
Recipe courtesy of Inge Bjerager
For the pie dough
- 150g ground almonds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks (“Flohsamenschalen”)
- 40g soft or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Butter or oil to grease the pie dish
- ½ broccoli
- 1-2 spring onions
- 3 eggs
- 250ml cream
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g grated cheese
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 4-5 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (those in oil)
Making the pie dough
- Combine ground almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a big bowl, combine psyllium husks, butter, egg and salt.
- Grease the pie dish.
- Place dough in pie dish and press to spread it evenly in dish and up the sides. Allow to rest for about one hour.
- Heat oven to 180°C. Bake pie dough for 10 minutes.
Making the filling
- Put broccoli and spring onion in a food processor, and chop up coarsely.
- Mix egg, cream, spices, cheese, chopped broccoli and spring onions together.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes.
- Combine well and spread over onto baked pie dough.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
© 2023 © Food Explorers